FARO® BuildIT Projector allows manufacturers to plan and operate imaging laser projection and verification workflows to improve the quality and speed of assembly processes. Together with the FARO TracerSI Imaging Laser Projector, it is a core component of the first and only all-in-one solution for laser-assisted templating and verification.
What's new with BuildIT Projector 2020
- Added tablet support with a focus on a smoother, more guided alignment workflow while keeping all features within arm’s reach of the operator, providing the convenience of an app without compromising functionality.
- Switch between Planner and Operator with a click of a button while within the application. This allows jumping between the two modes to quickly edit the projection plan directly on the shop floor’s computer, reducing operator downtime.
- Improved automatic re-alignment of the laser projector in instances where BuildIT Projector detects that the base part has moved. This capability enhances accuracy and minimizes interruptions for the assembler.
- Layer instruction fields provide step-by-step instructions and images – layers can also be associated to a saved view so that they are automatically recalled as the operator goes from layer to layer. These saved views will also be included in the report.
- Easily hide objects of the same color or size; planners are given additional tools to edit CAD models and communicate information to operators, including the ability to create coordinate systems, add annotations (dimensions, images, notes) and more.
- Report generation and traceability on tasks completed and the results of In-Process Verification.
- Connect with a laser projector to show part sequencing and placements directly on the assembly
- Ensure accurate placement every time
- Align to holes or corners, no targets or additional cameras required, with Feature-Based Alignment*
- Create projection plans directly from CAD files
- Standardize the assembly order
- Project instructions and next steps
- Add layer notes at each step
- Require visual verification checks to ensure that the supervisor performs an inspection before allowing the operator to proceed to the next step
- Report on actual assembly step times to provide more visibility on productivity
In-Process Verification (IPV)*
- Evaluate feature positions
- Validate presence/absence of features
- Perform Foreign Object Debris (FOD) checks
Use the feature to the right to download a free trial today and see for yourself how BuildIT Projector can improve your assembly workflow by streamlining your projection process.
* Feature-Based Alignment and IPV functionality compatible only with FARO TracerSI Imaging Laser Projector.