FARO® Zone 3D scene documentation software enables public safety professionals to produce precise 2D and 3D diagrams, accurate forensic analyses and compelling animations. The stunning visuals and walk-throughs are essential tools for incident reconstructions, pre-incident plans and courtroom presentations.
What’s new with 2019?
- Crash data import from EDR, PC Crash, Virtual Crash and HVE
- Improved animations including EDR dashboard views, traffic and vehicle lights, bullet animations and introducing rain, snow and fog
- 360° exports to create panoramic images and stunning 360° videos
- New VR features including a new intuitive wrist interface and ability to draw trajectories and place placards or police tape
- Link supporting evidence such as photos, videos, PDFs and web links to diagrams or reconstructions
- New time/distance/velocity study tools such as single point display, full path display, acceleration, velocity and distance charts and tables
- New witness point-of-view (POV) to have 360° view from perspective of witness at time of incident
- And much more…
Virtually Any Measurement Source
- Use aerial maps from Google®, Bing® or Pictometry® to obtain accurate measurements
- Bring in manual measurements, data from total stations and point cloud data from laser scanners and drones
- Standard Vehicle Specifications Database provides vehicle measurements
Accurate 2D and 3D Diagramming
- Essential tools for 2D and 3D diagramming of interior and exterior sites
- Show measurements, add text and use visual grips for fast editing
- Pose bodies in 3D with complete control to match the scene
Access to 10 Million 3D Models
- Includes thousands of pre-drawn 2D and 3D symbols for crash, crime and fire scenes
- Easily import 10 million additional 3D models, from free, online sources
Easy and Accurate Animations
- Create realistic crash animations in seconds with spinning tires and articulation
- Animate crush, set multiple sync points, adjust camera position, change the playback speed and adjust the vehicle’s yaw, pitch or roll
- Animate human motion using stop-action or fluid motion techniques
Powerful Analysis Tools
- Security tools to analyze and document sites with security rings and a camera 3D viewer
- Crash reconstruction tools for crush, in-line and 360 momentum, speed from skids and critical speed yaw
- Slope calculator and profile report for roads or other contours
- Bullet trajectory analysis with complete adjustment to the plane of impact
- Blood spatter analysis to estimate area of origin from a photograph
Use the feature to the right to download a free trial of FARO Zone 3D today to discover how easy it is to document and reconstruct scenes with accuracy and clarity.
Need to view a FARO Zone file? Try our free FARO Zone viewer.