Today, December 2, 2019, we have announced the release of the FARO® LMC-3 Embedded Laser Controller. This pluggable module is a compact, completely integrated Ethernet-based controller stystem for galvanometer-based laser scanning systems that eliminates the need for local computer control and is ideal for automation environments.
The LMC-3 control board works seamlessly with FARO WinLase® Laser Process Software, offering OEMs, system integrators and manufacturers high-speed performance and accuracy for advanced beam steering applications.
Unique Future-Proof Upgrade Path
The LMC-3 is designed to take on many different output configurations - offering an upgrade path for existing customers or a convenient starting point for new customers.
For existing customers, the LMC-3 can be configured with an LEC form factor baseboard for fast, non-disruptive integration. For advanced OEMs, the LMC-3 reference board design is a fully customizable solution allowing design engineers the ability to integrate the LMC-3 into their own motherboard.
Features & Benefits
- Multiple ways to control devices including Remote API, WinLase Processing Software and EtherNet/IP™
- Increased power with faster processing and greater memory capacity to perform the most complex projects with ease
- Flexible integration paths - backwards compatible and future-proof
- Small form factor (68 mm x 60 mm)
- Multiple licensing options, from Stand-Alone through Mark on the Fly, supports all modes of operation