FARO® Zone 2D enables the fast and easy creation of detailed, accurate scene and site diagrams from many types of measurements. Simply import a satellite map, bring in a top-down view of a point cloud from your laser scanner, import total station data or enter hand measurements. You can even merge data from all these sources and import drawings from other CAD applications.
Simple User Interface
- Get started fast with online documentation, training videos and a self-paced training course
- Program features are organized into a ribbon menu that is easy to read
- Use the graphical grips to visually drag, rotate and resize objects
- No need to worry about scale, just draw at full size. Let FARO Zone calculate the perfect scale when you want to print.
Powerful Drawing and Editing Tools
- Draw lines, curves, circles, ellipses, rectangles. Automatically snap to endpoint, midpoint, center point and perpendicular for easy, precision drawing
- Enter distances for fast, accurate drawing from your measurements – add a scale bar and linear, angular, radial and area markers at defined locations
- Choose from a variety of advanced image editing tools and layer management features
- Change text angle, font size, color, bold, italics, drop shadow, add arrows and place bubble labels
- Create templates of intersections or commonly used scenes and share them within a department to dramatically reduce drawing time
Comprehensive Standardized Libraries
- Includes thousands of symbols for interior and exterior scenes, crash, crime and fire investigation, pre-incident planning, security and insurance
- Select a street or intersection template and easily add or remove lanes, centerlines, crosswalks, etc.
- Choose the style of stairs (straight, with landing or spiral), then adjust the size and number of stairs to exactly match your scene
- Easily draw walls to exact measurements, then add doors and windows or adjust the size and position of existing features
- Add figures and choose from standing, walking, sitting or prone poses, adjust the angle and detach parts of the body
Import Measurement Data
- Draw from total station data, FARO Scene orthographic projections or satellite maps from Google Maps
- Adjust data format to match how it was captured and automatically connect points with descriptions
- Create detailed, accurate diagrams from 2D views of point cloud data
- Tile georeferenced maps together to make a bigger scene
- Choose Automatic Units for dimensions to change all the units with a single click
- Open 2D diagrams created with other FARO software applications, including CAD Zone and Blitz
- Read and write .dxf and .dwg for compatibility with other CAD applications
- Save to .jpg, .png and .tiff format for easy integration into reports
Use the feature to the right to download a free trial today and discover how FARO Zone 2D can help you accurately draw and diagram scenes.